Networks and computers that open to the public are facing hacker attacks from all over the world every day. Once we are compromised, we would be one of the cyber crime victims. Our tasty Almond Croissants is a high performance and ultra-low latency Intrusion Detection and Prevention System (IDPS). Unlike well known and famous brands for large business enterprises in the market, Almond Croissants is available free of charge that everyone can afford. It is ideal for home, Small Office Home Office (SOHO) and Small Medium Business (SMB).
Not a Network Security Monitoring (NSM) or Information Security (InfoSec) expert? No problem! Our Almond Croissants is really a "Plug, Play and Forget" system that we are dreaming of. Don't be the next cyber crime victims, try Almond Croissants now!
- Block ports and vulnerabilities scanning
- Block known exploitation on vulnerable systems
- Block known malicious IP addresses to access your systems
- Block known source of Secure Shell (SSH) brute forcing
- Block The Onion Router (TOR) to access your systems
- Prevent from accessing known malicious sites with Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates
- Prevent from being infected by known virus and malware
- Easy and straight forward analysis with charts on web interfaces
- Compatible with Bittorrent and 4K video streaming
- Ultra-low latency for online gaming
- Compatible with Windows, Linux, macOS, Apple iOS and Android
- Ultra-low latency throughput that drives your network to a limit
- No subscription fee
- More protection from known malware @
- Block known phishing sites @
- Automatically update and upgrade @
- Plug, Play and Forget!
@ only available in Almond Croissants
Almond Croissants is an Open Source Project which is released under GPLv3 License and it is developed by Samiux.
Please keep in mind that Almond Croissants is available FREE OF CHARGE.
** A little history about Croissants and Almond Croissants. Croissants was developed since 2012 and it was modified a lot in 2016. The project was renamed to Almond Croissants since then.
If you like our project, please show your support by sending the fund to Paypal to (infosecninjas AT gmail DOT com) in USD or HKD currency. You need a Paypal account to do so.
- Intel i5-6500T (Quad Core) CPU or better
- 16GB DDR4 RAM or more
- 320GB Hard Drive or 240GB SSD
- 3 Intel Network Interfaces Cards/Ports
* The higher performance of CPU, the higher performance of Almond Croissants is
* Almond Croissants should be installed on a dedicated Ubuntu Server box and it should be placed between modem (if any) and router (if any).
* Intel Network Interface has better performance than Realtek
Select Intel CPU that comes with at least SSSE3. It is very great that if it equips with AVX2 or better. Since Hyperscan (one of the major components of Almond Croissants) is designed for Intel processors, AMD processors are not tested.
Examples for home usage : Intel Atom C2750 CPU with 16GB RAM can handle up to 500Mbps internet connection while Intel i5-6500T CPU with 16GB RAM can handle 1000Mbps or up connection.
The following are new motherboards with Xeon E3-1500 v5 Series Processors that is ideal for Home, SOHO and Small Medium Businesses users :
WARNING : Make sure ports 5601, 19999 and 5636 are not opened to the public.
To monitor and analysis the traffic of the network.
Meanwhile, you also need to download the preset dashboard and import to Kibana. You can download here. Kibana is big data analysis tool. The indices can be deleted and re-created for new analysis and monitoring.
The first time setup for Kibana is as this video :
To monitor the performance of Almond Croissants.
To analysis the packet capture.
2.4 Rules Management
If you want to disable some rules as they are false positive, you can edit the "disable.conf" of idstools-rulecat.
sudo nano /etc/idstools/disable.conf
If you want to drop some traffic, you can edit the "drop.conf" of idstools-rulecat.
sudo nano /etc/idstools/drop.conf
If you want to modify some rules, you can edit the "modify.conf" of idstools-rulecat.
sudo nano /etc/idstools/modify.conf
After updated the configuration files, you should run the following command to make the changes effective.
Another monitoring tool for the performance of Almond Croissants.
3.0 Hall of Fame
Nathan Paquin - Unix System Expert (IRC nick : sys)
Omnish - Gamer with InfoSec in mind (IRC nick : omnish)
Alpharyon - Ultra speed internet user with InfoSec in mind
*** Special thanks to Nathan Paquin (sys) to provide server for rules updates ***
If you cannot access internet when you are behind the Almond Croissants, Suricata may be down unexpectedly. You can check if it is running or not by the following command :
sudo ps aux | grep suricata
If it is not running, you can issue the following command to start it :
sudo systemctl restart suricata
You can check the suricata.log at /var/log/suricata/suricata.log.
What is the function of the third network interface?
One is for incoming traffic (from modem or ISP) and the other is for outgoing traffic (to router). The third one is connected to the switch for management purpose. It is also used for updating the rules and system.
How to check what network interfaces are in my box? ls /sys/class/net
How to delete all the indices on Kibana? curl -XDELETE http://localhost:9200/logstash-*